Want some inspiration for 2020? Conferences are a superb opportunity to discover new trends in media and network with your peers. With interesting speakers and compelling training sessions, attending these events can help you become a better storyteller. A slew of media conferences are happening in 2020. Let’s take a look at what media conferences are on around the globe.
1) Splice Beta, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 18–20 Feb
2) NICAR Conference, New Orleans, USA, 5–8 March
3) Radiodays Europe, Lisbon, Portugal, 29–31 March
4) International Journalism Festival, Perugia, Italy, 1–5 April
5) World Press Freedom Day Conference, The Hague, The Netherlands, 22–24 April
6) International Symposium on Online Journalism, Austin, USA, 24–25 April
Interested in building up your journalism skills! We’ve got two free Rory Peck Trust courses on Advocacy Assembly that will teach you about pitching to western news outlets and how to stay safe when reporting in high-risk zones.