Want some inspiration for the new year? Conferences are a superb opportunity to boost your skills and network with your peers. With case studies and interesting speakers and compelling training sessions, attending these events gives you the chance to become a better storyteller. With a slew of media conferences in 2018, let’s take a look at what media conferences are on around the globe.
1. News:rewired — March 7, London, UK
2. Nordic Data Journalism Conference (NODA) — March 15–17, Stockholm, Sweden
3. International Journalism Festival — April 11–15, Perugia, Italy
4. The European Investigative Journalism & Dataharvest Conference — May 24-May 27, Mechelen, Belguim
5. Global Editors Network (GEN) Summit — May 30-June 1, Lisbon, Portugal
6. Women in News Summit — June 6, Estoril, Portugal
7. Investigative Reporters and Editors (IRE) 2018 — June 14–17, Orlando, FL
Interested in building up your journalism skills! We’ve got two free Rory Peck Trust courses on Advocacy Assembly that will teach you about pitching to western news outlets and how to stay safe when reporting in high risk zones. 1.